arsenal credit union
ratchet and clank up your arsenal cheats
arsenal store usa
blue ridge arsenal
arsenal technical high school
football tickets arsenal
pine bluff arsenal
Arsenal Football Club started out as Dial Square in 1886 by workers at the Royal Arsenal in Woolwich, south-east London, and was renamed Royal Arsenal shortly afterwards. The club was renamed again to Woolwich Arsenal after becoming a limited company in 1893. The club became the first southern member of the Football League in 1893, starting out in the Second Division, and won promotion to the First Division in 1904. The club's relative geographic isolation resulted in lower attendances than those of other clubs, which led to the club becoming mired in financial problems and effectively bankrupt by 1910, when they were taken over by businessmen Henry Norris and William Hall. Norris sought to move the club elsewhere, and in 1913, soon after relegation back to the Second Division, Arsenal moved to the new Arsenal Stadium in Highbury, North London; they dropped "Woolwich" from their name the following year. Arsenal only finished in fifth place in 1919, but were nevertheless elected to rejoin the First Division at the expense of local rivals Tottenham Hotspur, by reportedly dubious means.
Arsenal appointed Herbert Chapman as manager in 1925. Having already won the league twice with Huddersfield Town in 1923–24 and 1924–25 (see Seasons in English football), Chapman brought Arsenal their first period of major success. His revolutionary tactics and training, along with the signings of star players such as Alex James and Cliff Bastin, laid the foundations of the club's domination of English football in the 1930s. Under his guidance Arsenal won their first major trophies – victory in the 1930 FA Cup Final preceded two League Championships, in 1930–31 and 1932–33. In addition, Chapman was behind the 1932 renaming of the local London Underground station from "Gillespie Road" to "Arsenal", making it the only Tube station to be named specifically after a football club.
Chapman died suddenly of pneumonia in early 1934, leaving Joe Shaw and George Allison to carry on his successful work. Under their guidance, Arsenal won three more titles, in 1933–34, 1934–35 and 1937–38, and the 1936 FA Cup. As key players retired, Arsenal had started to fade by the decade's end, and then the intervention of the Second World War meant competitive professional football in England was suspended.
After the war, Arsenal enjoyed a second period of success under Allison's successor Tom Whittaker, winning the league in 1947–48 and 1952–53, and the FA Cup in 1950. Their fortunes waned thereafter; unable to attract players of the same calibre as they had in the 1930s, the club spent most of the 1950s and 1960s in trophyless mediocrity. Even former England captain Billy Wright could not bring the club any success as manager, in a stint between 1962 and 1966.
Arsenal began winning silverware again with the surprise appointment of club physiotherapist Bertie Mee as manager in 1966. After losing two League Cup finals, they won their first European trophy, the 1969–70 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup. This was followed by an even greater triumph: their first League and FA Cup double in 1970–71. This marked a premature high point of the decade; the Double-winning side was soon broken up and the following decade was characterised by a series of near misses. Arsenal finished as First Division runners-up in 1972–73, lost three FA Cup finals, in 1972, 1978 and 1980, and lost the 1980 Cup Winners' Cup final on penalties. The club's only success during this time was a last-minute 3–2 victory over Manchester United in the 1979 FA Cup Final, widely regarded as a classic.
The return of former player George Graham as manager in 1986 brought a third period of glory. Arsenal won the League Cup in 1986–87, Graham's first season in charge. This was followed by a League title win in 1988–89, won with a last-minute goal in the final game of the season against fellow title challengers Liverpool. Graham's Arsenal won another title in 1990–91, losing only one match, won the FA Cup and League Cup double in 1993, and a second European trophy, the Cup Winners' Cup, in 1994. Graham's reputation was tarnished when he was found to have taken kickbacks from agent Rune Hauge for signing certain players, and he was dismissed in 1995. His replacement, Bruce Rioch, lasted for only one season, leaving the club after a dispute with the board of directors.
A group of people on a red open-topped bus wave to a crowd of onlookers.
Arsenal's players and fans celebrate their 2004 League title win with an open-top bus parade.
The club's success in the late 1990s and first decade of the 21st century owed a great deal to the 1996 appointment of Arsène Wenger as manager. Wenger brought new tactics, a new training regime and several foreign players who complemented the existing English talent. Arsenal won a second League and Cup double in 1997–98 and a third in 2001–02. In addition, the club reached the final of the 1999–2000 UEFA Cup (losing on penalties to Galatasaray), were victorious in the 2003 and 2005 FA Cups, and won the Premier League in 2003–04 without losing a single match, an achievement which earned the side the nickname "The Invincibles"; in all, the club went 49 league matches unbeaten, a national record.
Arsenal finished in either first or second place in the league in eight of Wenger's first eleven seasons at the club, although on no occasion were they able to retain the title. As of 2009, they were one of only four teams, the others being Manchester United, Blackburn Rovers and Chelsea, to have won the Premier League since its formation in 1992. Arsenal had never progressed beyond the quarter-finals of the Champions League until 2005–06; in that season they became the first club from London in the competition's fifty-year history to reach the final, in which they were beaten 2–1 by Barcelona. In July 2006, they moved into the Emirates Stadium, after 93 years at Highbury.[24arsenal jackets
arsenal soccer jerseys
redstone arsenal lodging
arsenal jerseys for sale
ratchet and clank up your arsenal
arsenal usa store
redstone arsenal map
hidden arsenal 2
arsenal soccer team
arsenal mall watertown ma
arsenal cheap tickets
arsenal t shirts
redstone arsenal explosion
jvc arsenal kd-ahd69
rocky mountain arsenal
cheap arsenal jerseys
go media arsenal
tickets to arsenal
world cup champion
Thailand vs Oman Live Streaming Asia qualification world cup 2014 Brazil Match, September 6,2011 Tuesday, September 6,2011Thailand vs Oman Live Streaming Asia qualification world cup 2014 Brazil Match, September 6,2011 Tuesday, September 6,2011 Watch Thailand ...
Qatar vs Iran Live Streaming Asia qualification world cup 2014 Brazil Match, September 6,2011 Tuesday, September 6,2011Qatar vs Iran Live Streaming Asia qualification world cup 2014 Brazil Match, September 6,2011 Tuesday, September 6,2011 Watch Qatar vs Ira...
Indonesia vs Bahrain Live Streaming Asia qualification world cup 2014 Brazil Match, September 6,2011Indonesia vs Bahrain Live Streaming Asia qualification world cup 2014 Brazil Match, September 6,2011 Tuesday, September 6,2011 Watch Indon...
- ► 2010 (386)
- Big Match Preview : Chelsea vs Manchester United B...
- berita tentan ipad 2
- Complete Specifications ipad 2 review
- launching website LPI
- Liverpool v Manchester United Barclays Premier Lea...
- Apple Offers Free Download for iOS 4.3 iPad User G...
- PlayStation 4 Release Date Countdown in the Works
- Apple iPad 2 Affects Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Launc...
- MARCH BIRTH FLOWERS Daffodils
- # Uncategorized # Inggris # Jerman # Spanyol # Ind...
- iPad second generation (iPad2)
- Japan ranks No. 1 in World Cup Asian qualifiers dr...
- live streaming yemen vs singapore 19 march 2011
- Live streaming barcelona vs arsenal
- Watch Pakistan vs Malaysia Second leg Pre-Qualifie...
- Blatter expresses sympathy to Japan
- Manchester United v Arsenal FA Cup Preview Match, ...
- Chrysanthemum tea From Wikipedia, the free encyclo...
- Twitter is important for soccer player says Rio Fe...
- Manchester United vs Marseille LIVE How to watch l...
- European Cups - Europa League
- Villarreal vs Bayer Leverkusen Preview & Live Stre...
- Apple MacBook Pro MC700LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop
- CaseCrown Genuine Leather Vertical Flip iPad Case ...
- How to Bypass the Megavideo Time Limit By Mila Mar...
- Cristiano Ronaldo: "I loved the support the crowd ...
- 10 Merek Laptop Terpopuler
- Result of the Draw UEFA Champions League 2010/2011...
- photo features of the new iPod video
- Google Circle Rumor
- Computing Business HP soon to Get Into the Cloud C...
- Apple says that iPad 2 is in great demand
- The gobandit GPS HD Camcorder is on its way….
- JADWAL PERTANDINGAN PEREMPAT FINAL LIGA CHAMPIONS ...
- EVA LUNA CAPITULO 96
- 43 in the fray for 2014 FWC qualifiers
- Away day joy for EURO trio (AFP) Friday 25 March 2...
- Goalscorers euro 2012
- ¿Dónde está Elisa? Capitulo 54
- To Kill A Mockingbird (1962) - B&W - 130 min
- Sony, Nissan picking up the pieces
- Brazil vs Scotland, Colon v Boca Juniors,Velez Sar...
- Fabio Capello's new formation allows Jack Wilshere...
- Brazil 2-0 Scotland - as it happened! Two goals f...
- Sao Paulo veteran Rogerio Ceni
- Frank van Hattum's Email
- Paolo Maldini sent to trial over 'tax spying'
- his great Concacaf U20 Championship game between C...
- Stars unite to lift Japan
- uropean Championship Qualifying
- Germany v Australia Live
- Xpand Introduces New Technology, 3D Glasses at Cin...
- Rupert Murdoch: iPad is a Fantastic Discovery
- super 8 movie launching
- INDONESIAN CHANCE IN WORLD CUP 2014
- world cup champion
- The UEFA Champions League’s best XI PLAYER,TEAM CH...
- ▼ March (58)
arsenal credit union