2014 FIFA World Cup qualification
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The 2014 FIFA World Cup will feature 32 teams. One place has been allocated to the hosts, Brazil. The remaining 31 places will be determined by a qualification process, in which entrants from among the other 207 teams from the six FIFA confederations will compete. In the past, most qualification has been determined within these confederations, with a limited number of inter-confederation play-offs occurring at the end of the process.
Confederation qualification processes
The Executive Committee decided to approve the change of date for the preliminary draw of the 2014 FIFA World Cup™, which will be held six months earlier than in the past, in order to allow the confederations to begin their qualifying competitions in good time. The draw will be held on 31 July 2011 at a yet-to-be-determined location in Brazil.
Main article: 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification (AFC)
Initially, it was announced that the AFC Competitions Committee had decided to use the present qualification format for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil. However, prior to the 2010 finals, it was announced that 2014 qualifiers would not begin until after mid-2011 as the "Organising Committee for the FIFA World Cup will need to be recomposed after the completion of the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa". As the Organising Committee determines the allocation of places in the World Cup finals, it is not certain that the format used for 2010 World Cup qualification could be used for the 2014 tournament.
Main article: 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification (CAF)
Main article: 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification (UEFA)
The European qualification games will start in August 2012 after Euro 2012.
In May 2010, the CONCACAF Executive Committee announced a proposed change in its qualifying format for the 2014 World Cup, which would start with a preliminary knockout stage followed by three group phases.
Main article: 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification (CONMEBOL)
As the host nation, Brazil has qualified automatically. The other teams have to qualify via a single group.
The first round of qualifying for the OFC nations will double as the 2011 Pacific Games in Noumea, New Caledonia. The Pacific Games Council and the Oceania Football Confederation signed the agreement in Suva on 13 July 2009. The cooperative agreement sets the stage for the Men's Football tournament at the 2011 Pacific Games to also serve as the first round of Oceania Qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
1. ^ Brazil can be divided into four regions for the 2014 World Cup
2. ^ 2014 FWC Asian qualifiers after mid-2011
3. ^ CONCACAF to seek change in World Cup qualifying
4. ^ MoU agreement with OFC
world cup champion
2014 FIFA World Cup From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search 2014 FIFA World Cup Copa do Mundo da FIFA Brasil 2...
perempat final liga champions eropa 2011. JADWAL PERTANDINGAN PEREMPAT FINAL LIGA CHAMPIONS 2011,jadwal 8 besar liga champion,jadwal 8...
Valdez has just conceded six goals in this season's Champions League campaign ... Andres Iniesta: The 26-year-old World Cup winner Barca...
- Persik - Persebaya
- world cup brazil 2014
- 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification
- HP Mini 110 series
- Festival of the Flowers
- Logo Piala Dunia 2014 Diluncurkan
- Riedle Umumkan 26 Pemain Timnas
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 This Android phone puts a...
- Lolos Degradasi, Pelita Incar Beberapa Pemain Baru...
- 2010 schedule for September
- Tablet iPad Mulai Ancam Penjualan Netbook
- "Persija Tim Besar tapi Miskin Prestasi"
- Google Singkirkan Aplikasi Android Adolf Hitler
- Fast starts and fluffed lines
- Inter Pantau Dos Santos
- Klub Young Boys Kalahkan Tottenham, Ajax Imbang La...
- Young Boys seek spirit of Istanbul Published: Mond...
- United 3 Newcastle 0
- Manchester United F.C.
- History manchester united
- Barcelona From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Ju...
- Need a Cheap New Laptop? Here's How to Get the Ver...
- Fixing an Offline HP Printer Problem Easily By Laz...
- FIFA World Cup 2014 - Expectations Flying High By ...
- 2010 Asian Games From Wikipedia, the free encyclop...
- ▼ August (25)
- ► 2011 (584)
2014 FIFA World Cup qualification