TOS Crew Review: Times Alive! by City Creek Press
30Jan2011 Posted by Michelle Labels: All Product Reviews, Homeschool, Math Reviews, TOS Homeschool Crew
Learning the multiplication table can be tiresome for some kids. I remember when I was the one endlessly memorizing numbers, it can be such a heavy load on the brain. I knew that for my kids, memorizing the multiplication table would not be so easy as well. Not only that, recalling all the facts that they memorized can also be a challenge. I am pretty sure that many children still struggle with their multiplication tables.
Now, thanks to City Creek Press, who produced the Times Alive! software, children can now learn their times tables the fun and easy way. Times Alive! is based on the award-winning book Times Tables the Fun Way! by Judy Liautaud and Dave Rodriguez. My review will focus on the instant download software of Times Alive!
First of all, it was very easy to download and install the software to my PC. It did take a day or two for the download link to be sent to my email after I ordered, but I did not encounter any problems in downloading and installation.
The software opens with a warning that only kids who want to have fun should use it. That immediately draws in the user to find out how learning the times tables can be fun. It has 18 lessons in all where all the most difficult multiplication facts are taught. Each lesson has a short story that they can listen to as well as read along. Following the story is a song that will further cement the fact in the child’s memory. Then there are interesting games and quizzes for the child.
Above is a sample of the song that makes learning their multiplication facts really interesting. For more samples, please visit their youtube page here.
I had both Guitar Babe and Artsy Princess work on Times Alive! 15 year old Guitar Babe found the activities to be geared towards the younger ages BUT she did say that the way it was taught was all so annoyingly clever. Being a lover of music, she also admired how the songs included a hook, which will literally “hook” the listener to remember the songs. She said all this with a note of admiration in her voice.
Artsy Princess worked on the Times Alive! longer than Guitar Babe. She has been doing it by herself. I told her to listen to the whole lesson two times before moving on to the next lesson. At this point, she’s done until Lesson 8 and has now memorized all the facts that she went through. She said that she feels that it’s too young for her BUT that she learned a lot. She finds the games and quizzes most interesting of all. When I checked her quizzes, I did see that with every lesson, her grades have gone up continuously.
As for me, I am SOLD on the Times Alive! software. It should be a part of everyone’s homeschool and classroom because it makes learning about the multiplication tables fun and easy.
For other reviews, check out what other TOS Crewmates said about Times Alive! here.
Note: I received this software for free in exchange for a review as part of the TOS Homeschool Crew. I am not required to write a positive review
world cup champion
A garden centre is a retail firm that sells plants and products related to gardens as its primary business. It is open to the public, with ...
High School Football Player Died After Game Fullback Kevin Telles Collapsed During Game Friday NightSep 16, 2009 Terry Zeigler A young football player collapsed on the field during the fourth quarter with two minutes left in the game. Emer...
Liga Primer Indonesia “ LPI is the first step towards professionalism and independence of Indonesian football,” said Arifin Panigoro, Ch...
- ► 2010 (386)
- Japan brace for tough Arabic rivals
- chelsea vs aston villa review
- result football league,hasil pertandingan
- Apple iPhone Alarm Not Working - Temporary Fix Giv...
- Google Cr-48 Notebook Hacked to Mac OS X, Windows ...
- Download modem semua Hape, smart modem for all HP
- United go clear in England
- Manchester United VS Stoke City
- under armour high school football game 2011
- The 2011 Consumer Electronics Show – What You Need...
- Hosts Qatar stumble to opening defeat
- LSU football Coach Les Miles "in touch" with NFL l...
- LPI VS ISL
- iPhone 4 major leap on iPhone 3GS
- iphone or ipad
- Film From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ipod, iphone new 2011 release
- asian cup 2011 7 - 29 january 2011 in doha qatar
- road to final asian cup 2011 part 1
- road to final asian cup 2011 part 2
- List of Super Bowl champions
- 2011 final: Wembley Stadium
- Komputek INETS EXPO 2011
- QNAP Luncurkan TS-x19P+ Turbo NAS Server yang Terj...
- FaceTime. Phone calls like you've never seen befor...
- world cup champion 2014, review qualification worl...
- schedule asian cup, review
- new laptop and notebook today
- Easy does it for Iran, Iraq
- Barcelona through despite defeat
- Notebook / Laptop Reviews, Tech, News
- flower festival 2011
- LPI VS ISL 2011
- asian cup 2011 qatar : Japan 3-2 Qatar
- Positive thinking is key: Sung-yeung
- asan cup result quarter final
- semi final asian cup 2011 qatar
- megavideo search 2011
- megavideo news blog
- birth flower february
- Tawkon Debuts Limited Edition Of Cellphone Radiati...
- Schwarzer: Title would boost Aussie game
- prediction final asian cup 2011 qatar
- barcelona celebration news collect
- japan the best 2011 in asia
- Liverpool Isyaratkan Lepas Torres
- Pique: Barca Harus Waspada Arsenal
- Klasemen LPI | Klasemen Liga Primer Indonesia
- MEGAVIDEO DOWNLOADER 2011
- Madrid and Marseille lose ground in title reckonin...
- Bunga mawar cantik dan segar (beautiful fresh cut ...
- prediction company
- TOS Crew Review: Times Alive! by City Creek Press
- Women’s round-up: January 2011
- Al Jazeera Sport buys broadcast rights to 2018 and...
- UEFA Executive Committee
- ▼ January (57)
TOS Crew Review: Times Alive! by City Creek Press