world cup champion
Thailand vs Oman Live Streaming Asia qualification world cup 2014 Brazil Match, September 6,2011 Tuesday, September 6,2011Thailand vs Oman Live Streaming Asia qualification world cup 2014 Brazil Match, September 6,2011 Tuesday, September 6,2011 Watch Thailand ...
Chelsea vs Manchester United Live UEFA Champions League - Chelsea vs Manchester United Chelsea vs Manchester United live online Match ...
South Korea vs Lebanon Live Streaming Asia qualification world cup 2014 Brazil Match, September 2,2011South Korea vs Lebanon Live Streaming Asia qualification world cup 2014 Brazil Match, September 2,2011 Tuesday, September 2,2011 Watch Sou...
- ► 2010 (386)
- Japan brace for tough Arabic rivals
- chelsea vs aston villa review
- result football league,hasil pertandingan
- Apple iPhone Alarm Not Working - Temporary Fix Giv...
- Google Cr-48 Notebook Hacked to Mac OS X, Windows ...
- Download modem semua Hape, smart modem for all HP
- United go clear in England
- Manchester United VS Stoke City
- under armour high school football game 2011
- The 2011 Consumer Electronics Show – What You Need...
- Hosts Qatar stumble to opening defeat
- LSU football Coach Les Miles "in touch" with NFL l...
- LPI VS ISL
- iPhone 4 major leap on iPhone 3GS
- iphone or ipad
- Film From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ipod, iphone new 2011 release
- asian cup 2011 7 - 29 january 2011 in doha qatar
- road to final asian cup 2011 part 1
- road to final asian cup 2011 part 2
- List of Super Bowl champions
- 2011 final: Wembley Stadium
- Komputek INETS EXPO 2011
- QNAP Luncurkan TS-x19P+ Turbo NAS Server yang Terj...
- FaceTime. Phone calls like you've never seen befor...
- world cup champion 2014, review qualification worl...
- schedule asian cup, review
- new laptop and notebook today
- Easy does it for Iran, Iraq
- Barcelona through despite defeat
- Notebook / Laptop Reviews, Tech, News
- flower festival 2011
- LPI VS ISL 2011
- asian cup 2011 qatar : Japan 3-2 Qatar
- Positive thinking is key: Sung-yeung
- asan cup result quarter final
- semi final asian cup 2011 qatar
- megavideo search 2011
- megavideo news blog
- birth flower february
- Tawkon Debuts Limited Edition Of Cellphone Radiati...
- Schwarzer: Title would boost Aussie game
- prediction final asian cup 2011 qatar
- barcelona celebration news collect
- japan the best 2011 in asia
- Liverpool Isyaratkan Lepas Torres
- Pique: Barca Harus Waspada Arsenal
- Klasemen LPI | Klasemen Liga Primer Indonesia
- MEGAVIDEO DOWNLOADER 2011
- Madrid and Marseille lose ground in title reckonin...
- Bunga mawar cantik dan segar (beautiful fresh cut ...
- prediction company
- TOS Crew Review: Times Alive! by City Creek Press
- Women’s round-up: January 2011
- Al Jazeera Sport buys broadcast rights to 2018 and...
- UEFA Executive Committee
- ▼ January (57)
(FIFA.com) Friday 7 January 2011
The 2011 edition of the AFC Asian Cup kicked off on Friday at the Khalifa Stadium, with a spectacular party featuring fireworks and laser-light displays illuminating the skies of the Qatari capital of Doha.
The opening ceremony began with a speech by the Emir of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, before the spotlight shone on an elderly gentleman and child who addressed the Qatari ruler. As part of the stunning laser-light show that followed, a football pitch was traced out, onto which the flags of the 16 competing nations were projected.
Next up were fireworks exploding all around the stadium, in a glittering pyrotechnic display which lasted for several minutes and wowed the watching spectators. Yet the home fans’ awe soon turned to disappointment when hosts Qatar were beaten by Uzbekistan in the tournament’s opening game.
The matchQatar 0-2 Uzbekistan, Khalifa Stadium, Doha, Friday 7 January 2011Not even the most pessimistic of Qatari fans would have expected the Annabi to make such a bad start to the tournament, particularly with the vast majority of the 37,000 spectators packing the stadium giving vociferous support right from the off. Yet it was Uzbekistan who started the brighter and dominated proceedings early on, very nearly taking a 7th-minute lead when Alexander Geynrikh’s shot rattled the crossbar.
The hosts, for their part, had to wait until the 39th minute for their best chance, with Fabio Cesar curling a free-kick against the right post. However, that was as good as it got with Uzbekistan opening the scoring in the 58th minute via a stunning strike from Odil Ahmedov, whose shot struck the underside of the crossbar before nestling in the back of the net. And with 14 minutes remaining Server Djeparov capitalised on a defensive mistake from Qatar to make it 2-0, thus setting the seal on an unexpected win for Uzbekistan and a stuttering start for the host nation.
The starServer Djeparov, UzbekistanVoted Asia’s best player in 2008, Djeparov played a pivotal role in midfield for the Uzbeks. The creator of several chances for strikers Alexander Geynrikh and Maksim Shatskikh, the 28-year-old also made 41 completed passes and three interceptions. The most important of these came in the 76th minute, when he intercepted a loose back-pass from substitute Khalfan Ibrahim before beating Qatar keeper Qasem Burhan with a first-time shot.
The stat51 – The number of passes made by Uzbekistan midfielder Ahmedov during the game, which worked out as 13 per cent of his team’s total. Also the scorer of a thumping goal for his side, Ahmedov and Co’s opening victory will give them a huge boost in a group which also contains China PR and Kuwait.
What they said“We’re very happy to win the game but I'm very sorry for the Qatari people because this was a big celebration for them, but that’s football. I’ve watched the Qatari team before and I know how they play. So we planned to play like this and everything went according to plan. We got the three points today and we are happy now but we must not relax. We will enjoy this now but tomorrow we will start looking to the next match. The fact that we beat Qatar today will help us in our next game,” Uzbekistan coach Vadim Abramov.
“Today is a very bad start for our team. We wanted to play well for the people, for everybody but we played a very bad game today. I'm sorry for the fans, for everybody but sometimes it is very difficult to play well right from the start of a tournament, particularly with the pressure on the players. Sometimes the opening game is very difficult; it's not the first time a host team has lost their first game. It is important to protect the players. If there is a problem, a mistake, it's down to me,” Qatar coach Bruno Metsu.