Louis van Gaal's Bayern Munich completed a league and cup double by thrashing Werder Bremen in the DFB-Pokal final in Berlin on Saturday.
In one of the most one-sided cup finals in recent memory, the Bundesliga champions swept the side which ended the season third to one side, confirming their clear superiority in German football in no uncertain terms.
Arjen Robben broke the deadlock with a penalty in the 35th minute before Ivica Olic added a second early in the second half.
Franck Ribery got his name on the scoresheet after just over an hour and Bastian Schweinsteiger rounded things off in the 84th minute after Torsten Frings had been shown a red card on a very disappointing evening for Bremen.
Bayern now head to Madrid looking to complete a historic treble with victory over Inter Milan in the UEFA Champions League final next Saturday having sent a fearsome warning to their Serie A rivals.
Bayern never let Bremen into the game from start to finish and the biggest surprise was how long it actually took them to go ahead.
Olic missed an open goal in the 24th minute before Robben placed his shot over an open goal from the edge of the penalty area on the half-hour mark.
They went in front in the 35th minute when Robben converted a penalty after Per Mertesacker handled the ball in the area, and there was no looking back.
Olic added the second in the 52nd minute when he poked a corner in at the near post before a fine counter-attack with Mark van Bommel sending the ball into the path of Ribery, who broke the offside trap before placing his shot coolly past Tim Wiese, made it three in the 63rd minute.
Bayern goalkeeper Hans-Jorg Butt cleared his only real moment of danger in the 65th minute as he tipped Claudio Pizarro's header over.
Former Bayern players Tim Borowski and Frings manifested their frustration in fouls with the latter picking up two yellow cards to head for an early bath in the 77th minute.
And Schweinsteiger provided the perfect ending with the fourth in the 82nd minute, chesting a finely lofted pass from Philipp Lahm down before poking his shot past Wiese from 11 yards.(fifa.com)