world cup champion
Print Email my friend Share RSS Add your comment 12345 Rating: 3.0 Blatter: Mandela’s dream realised (FIFA.com) Monday 12 July 2010FIFA and the Local Organising Committee held a post-FIFA World Cup™ press conference at the Sandton Convention Centre which was attended b...
Xavi: Gelar Juara Tergantung pada Laga Barca Vs Madrid Besar Kecil Normal Barcelona - Xavi Hernandez mengklaim hasil pertandingan antara...
Profile The passion and euphoria sparked by Germany's thrilling exploits in the summer of 2006 now belong to the archives, but a conti...
- Elia lighting the Oranje way
- FIFA World Cup From Wikipedia, the free encycloped...
- 2014 FIFA World Cup
- Maintaining Your Laptop By Kathy Mercado
- A Guide to Gaming PC Specs By Asam Mokonyama
- welcome brasil 2014
- Ecosystem of the Coral Reefs By Artem Kushneryk
- Dutch fightback buries Brazil
- Argentina-Germany preview
- squad list argentina vs germany
- Rampant Germany oust Argentina
- Spain edge past resolute Paraguay
- Players top goals
- uruguay vs netherland and germany vs spain
- final predictions south africa 2010
- Pique: We must be more ruthless
- prediction germany versus spain
- CONGRATULATION FOR SPAIN TEAM FOOTBALL
- Iniesta puts Spain on top of the world
- Print Email my friend Share RSS Add your comment 1...
- Google Apps Standard Edition Review BY: Jay Garmon...
- File Transfer Service Buyers Guide BY: Dustin Skla...
- Flower Symbolism
- Forlan: A reward for Uruguayan football (FIFA.com)...
- Flower Girl Dresses For Summer By Karen Etchels
- HP Plans to Release a Tablet Running on WebOS By ...
- HP Envy 17 Review - See This Laptop's Great Featur...
- Pink Laptop Brands By JR Lang
- The Pink Notebook Trend By Shamina Power
- ▼ July (29)
- ► 2011 (584)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
2014 FIFA World Cup Copa do Mundo da FIFA
2014 FIFA World Cup bid logo
Host country Brazil
Dates 13 June - 13 July
Venue(s) 12 (in 12 host cities)
v • d • e
The 2014 FIFA World Cup will be the 20th World Cup, an international football tournament that is expected to take place between June and July 2014 in Brazil.
This will be the second time the country has hosted the competition, the first being the 1950 FIFA World Cup. Brazil will become the fifth country to have hosted the FIFA World Cup twice, after Mexico, Italy, France and Germany. It will be the first World Cup to have been held in the American continent since the 1994 FIFA World Cup in the United States, the first time in South America since the 1978 FIFA World Cup in Argentina, and the first time consecutive World Cups have been staged in the Southern Hemisphere. Brazil will also become the first nation to break the well-established tradition of allowing a European nation to host the World Cup Finals every eight years.
Sepp Blatter announcing that the 2014 World Cup will be held in Brazil.
Main article: 2014 FIFA World Cup bid process
On 7 March 2003, FIFA announced that the tournament would be held in South America for the first time since Argentina hosted the competition in 1978, in line with its policy of rotating the right to host the World Cup amongst different confederations. On 3 June 2003, CONMEBOL announced that Argentina, Brazil, and Colombia wanted to host the 2014 World Cup finals. By 17 March 2004, the CONMEBOL associations had voted unanimously to adopt Brazil as their sole candidate. Brazil formally declared its candidacy in December 2006 and Colombia did so as well a few days later. The Argentina bid never materialized. On 11 April 2007, Colombia officially withdrew its bid, Francisco Santos Calderón the vice president of Colombia announced that instead Colombia would be hosting the 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup. With this Brazil was the only official candidate to host the event in 2014.
Brazil won the right to host the event on 30 October 2007 as the only country to enter a bid.2014 FIFA World Cup